Monday, October 20, 2008

A New Tradition


I have recently (in the past couple of hours) started a new tradition. Since my fantasy team is sadly 2-5 now, I need to celebrate whenever I have the chance. The demise of Drew Brees and Ronnie Brown have brought joy to my life like none other that I have experienced since week 1. So I have decided that every week that I win, starting with this week, I will buy 2 40 oz. bottles of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is 7.2% alcohol by volume and is quite enjoyable. It represents the "Arrogant Bastard" inside of me and helps me be optimistic about the upcoming football week. I will now recite the label that is located on the back of the bottle I am currently drinking.

Arrogant Bastard Ale: This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste and sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest you stick to a safer and more familiar territory - maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at making you believe it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing the words as you read this.

Yes, It feels great to get a win, especially after a 5 week winless drought.

No comments: